The blue and gold macaw is a popular and sought-after parrot species known for its striking colors, playful personality, and remarkable intelligence. However, owning a blue and gold macaw can involve a significant financial investment, including the initial purchase price and ongoing costs such as housing, food, veterinary care, and training.
The price of a blue and gold macaw can vary depending on several factors such as age, sex, health, breeding history, rarity, and location. Understanding these factors and the costs involved in keeping a blue and gold macaw can help potential owners decide whether this species is the right fit for them.
Here in this article, we are going to discuss about the blue and gold macaw price in India, factors for price hike, and every other cost comes while taking them as a pet.
Blue and Gold Macaw price in India
Generally, the price of a blue and gold macaw in India can range from approximately INR 1,00,000 to INR 2,50,000 or more. The price may also vary depending on the location and reputation of the seller or breeder.
Factors that affects the blue and gold macaw price
1. Age: Younger birds may be more expensive than older birds.
2. Sex: Females may be more expensive than males, especially if they are proven breeders.
3. Health: Birds with good health and no medical issues may be more expensive than those with health problems.
4. Breeding history: Birds with successful breeding may be more expensive.
5. Rarity: Rare colour mutations or subspecies may be more expensive than the standard blue and gold macaw.
6. Location: The price of a blue and gold macaw may vary depending on the seller’s or breeder’s location.
7. Demand: If the demand for blue and gold macaws is high, the price may increase.
8. Source: Legally and ethically sourced Birds may be more expensive than those obtained through illegal means or poor breeding practices.
9. High demand: The popularity of blue and gold macaws as pets may increase the demand, leading to a price hike.
10. Low supply: The supply of blue and gold macaws may be limited, leading to a higher price for the available birds.
11. Rarity: Certain colour mutations or subspecies of blue and gold macaws may be rare, leading to a higher price for these birds
Costs involved while keeping blue and gold macaw parrot as a pet
1. Initial purchase price: The cost of purchasing a blue and gold macaw can range from INR 1,00,000 to INR 2,50,000 or more, depending on the age, sex, health, breeding history, rarity, and location of the seller or breeder.
2. Cage: A suitable blue and gold macaw cage can cost several thousand rupees. The cage should be large enough for the bird to spread its wings and move around comfortably. For example, the A11 Macaw Cage that costs 14000.
3. Toys and perches: Blue and gold macaws are intelligent and active birds that need plenty of mental and physical stimulation. Toys and perches explicitly designed for large parrots can be expensive. The toys and perches are important for their fun and stimulation.
4. Food: Blue and gold macaws diet need a varied and nutritious food items that includes pellets, fresh fruits, vegetables, and nuts. The cost of food can vary depending on the quality and quantity of the items.
5. Veterinary care: Regular check-ups and preventive care, such as vaccinations, can help keep a blue and gold macaw healthy. It can be different from the place.
6. Training: If not appropriately trained, blue and gold macaws can be loud and destructive. The cost of professional training for blue and gold macaw can vary depending on the trainer’s qualifications and experience.
Is the blue and gold macaw price different in every area in India?
The starting price for the blue and gold macaw parrots is 25,000, reaching up to 2,50,000, depending on the factors we discussed earlier. This is one of the most favorable macaw breeds selected as pets, as they are very friendly.
The breeder decides the price of blue and gold macaws by following the market value, which is different everywhere.
However, the trade and purchase of endangered species, including Blue and Gold Macaws, are prohibited under international treaties and Indian laws to protect them from exploitation and trafficking. Instead of purchasing an exotic pet, you can support organizations working towards wildlife conservation or visit wildlife sanctuaries and observe these magnificent birds in their natural habitats.
FAQs about blue and gold macaw price in India:
How much does a Blue and Gold Macaw cost in India?
Purchasing Blue and Gold Macaws or any other exotic bird in India is legal with the proper permits and documentation. However, the price of a Blue and Gold Macaw may generally vary depending on various factors, including the bird’s age, health, and lineage.
Where can I buy a Blue and Gold Macaw in India?
As mentioned, the sale and purchase of Blue and Gold Macaws or any other exotic bird in India are legal with the proper permits and documentation. It is essential to understand that exotic birds such as Blue and Gold Macaws require a specific environment and diet to thrive, and keeping them in captivity without proper care can cause physical and psychological stress, leading to health issues and a shorter lifespan. Instead of purchasing exotic pets, you can support organizations working towards wildlife conservation or visit wildlife sanctuaries and observe these magnificent birds in their natural habitats.
How much does taking care of a Blue and Gold Macaw cost?
The cost of caring for a Blue and Gold Macaw can vary depending on various factors, including their diet, housing, toys, and veterinary care. These birds require a large cage, a balanced diet of pellets, fresh fruits and vegetables, and regular visits to the vet. Providing them with proper care and attention is essential to ensure their well-being.
Is owning a Blue and Gold Macaw worth the price?
Owning a Blue and Gold Macaw can be a rewarding experience for those who have experience with large parrots and can provide them with proper care and attention. However, it is crucial to understand that they require a lot of time and attention from their owners and can be a significant commitment. Additionally, purchasing exotic pets is legal in India with the proper permits and documentation.
The Blue and Gold Macaw are highly valued bird species with a high price due to several factors. These include their striking beauty, high level of intelligence, and social nature. Additionally, they are popular as pets, increasing their demand and price. While the cost of purchasing a Blue and Gold Macaw may be high, the investment may be worth it for bird owners who value their unique traits and desire a long-term companion. Overall, the high price of Blue and Gold Macaws reflects their value as a remarkable and desirable species, and their cost reflects the significant commitment required to provide them with a happy and healthy life.